The lighthouse on the island of Levanzo was built in 1858. It is a 12-metre high cylindrical tower with a balcony, while at its feet stands the house that was occupied by the caretaker at a time when the lights needed constant maintenance. Today, visionary projects for tourist accommodation are concentrated on this ancient instrument of inalienable importance for navigators.
On the south-eastern part of the island, which can be reached by land or sea, there...
divers and snorkelers can enjoy an archeological itinerary in the waters of cala minnola, in levanzo.
The First Punic War ended close to Trapani, in the waters surrounding the Egadi...